As Penny, our Chairlady, is leaving Rogart for a new life in the far far north we are looking for someone who is willing to take her place.
- The post isn’t too onerous as we only have one (very informal) formal meeting each year.
- We also host 3 or 4 events annually which are a combination of historical talk and music night. You’ll need to be confident and outgoing to introduce and close these events.
- Once a year we host an open day at Rhilochan School and participate in the Archaeology for Communities Highland (ARCH) summer events. The Chairperson is the figurehead for these occasions.
- The Chairperson may be interviewed by the local press.
- A small committee provides practical and moral support to the Chairperson – there is a Vice Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. Our historian also provides a wealth of information on the area.